Tuesday 4 October 2011

You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby... DIY earring holder...



HELLOOOO THERE FELLOW BLOGGERS...

This is my first, if you like, crafty kinda post...
But I thought I'd do this post anyway.. I'm saying post too many times...
Anyway one day in art I got rather bored and decided to make this beast of an earring holder as there was loads of records around. You can get these anywhere for really cheap.... I know oxfam do them, and a lot of charity shops do... 
I always always always always lose earrings then I end up with odd ones... and it's just not cool.... but do not fear... Here is the solution to solve this problem!

Step 1: take your vinyl record and drill lots and lots of holes in it...try get them in line...
Step 2: Heat the record somehow using preferably a strip heater, but if not try a curling tong, straightener, iron... anything will melt this... you can even put it in the oven... but the whole thing would be melty..
Step 3: Bend the record according to how you want it to stand up....

TA DA!!!
You now have yourself an earring holder... (hopefully)

(sorry if you don't care) :D 

x

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your blog ! So vintage ! Definitely following you now :)

    xx Natasha Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the coolest thing ever! Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you crafty little thing!
    This looks awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  4. creative idea (:
    like it very much

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing and is such a clever idea! I would actually buy something like this in shop, it's too cute :) i am going to have to try this xx

    ReplyDelete